據說賴斯英語發音不好,有此為證!

   SCENE: The Oval Office. George Bush and Condolezza Rice.
   (場景) :橢圓形辦公室,喬治布什和國家安全顧問康多裡扎賴斯。
    
  George: Condi! Nice to see you。 What’’s happening?
   布什: 康迪(賴斯)! 很高興見到你,發生什麼事情了?
    
  Condi: Sir, I have the report about the new leader of China.
    賴斯:長官,我來向你匯報中國的新領導人。
    
    George: Great . Let’s hear it.
    布什: 好極了,我們一起來聽聽!
    
    Condi: Hu is the new leader of China.
    賴斯:胡(誰)是中國的新領導人。
    
    George: That’s what I want to know.
    布什: 這就是我要知道的。
    
    Condi: That’s what I’m telling you.
    賴斯: 這就是我要告訴你的。
    
    George: That’s what I’’m asking you。 Who is the new leader of China?
    布什: 這就是我要問你的,誰(胡)是中國的新領導人?
    
    Condi: Yes
    賴斯: 是的。
    
    George: I mean the fellow’s name.
    布什: 我是說那個人的名字。
    
    Condi: Hu.
    賴斯: 胡(誰)。
    
    George: The guy in China.
    布什: 那個在中國的人。
    
    Condi: Hu.
    賴斯: 胡(誰)
    
    George: The new leader of China.
    布什: 中國的新領導人!
    
    Condi: Hu。
    賴斯: 胡(誰)
    
    George: The Chinese?
    布什: 那個中國人!
    
    Condi: Hu is leading China.
    賴斯: 胡(誰)領導中國。
    
    George: Now whaddya’ asking me for?
    布什: 啊?現在是你問我了?
    
    Condi: I’m telling you Hu is leading China.
    賴斯: 我在告訴你,胡(誰)在領導中國。
    
    George: Well,I’m asking you. Who is leading China?
    布什: 我在問你,誰(胡)在領導中國?   
    
  Condi: That’’s the man’s name.
    賴斯:就是那人的名字。
    
    George: That’s whose name?
    布什: 就是誰(胡)的名字?
    
    Condi: Yes.
    賴斯:是的。
    
    George: Will you or will you not tell me the name of the new leader of
    China?
    布什: 你到底願不願意告訴我誰(胡)是中國的領導人?
    
    Condi: Yes sir.
    賴斯: 是的,長官(亞瑟爾)。
    
    George: Yassir? You mean Arafat is in China? I thought he was in the Middle
    East.
    布什:亞瑟爾?你是說阿拉法特在中國?我以為他在中東呢。
    
    Condi: That’s correct.
    賴斯:沒錯。
    
    George: Then who is in China?
    布什:那麼誰(胡)在中國?
    
    Condi: Yes, sir.
    賴斯:是的長官(亞瑟爾)。
    
    George: Yassir is in China?
    布什:亞瑟爾在中國??
    
    Condi: No, sir.
    賴斯:不,長官。
    
    George: Then who is?
    布什:那麼誰(胡)在?
    
    Condi: Yes, sir.
    賴斯:是的長官(亞瑟爾)。
    
    George: Yassir?
    布什:亞瑟爾?
    
    Condi: No, sir.
    賴斯:不,長官。
    
    George: Look, Condi. I need to know the name of the new leader of China.
    Get me the Secretary General of the U.N. on the phone. I bet he knows.
    布什:聽著,賴斯。我要知道中國新領導人的名字,給我接聯合國秘書長 , 我覺得他會
    知道。
    
    Condi: Kofi?
    賴斯:科費(咖啡)?
    
    George: No, thanks.
    布什:不,謝謝。
    
    Condi: You want Kofi?
    賴斯:你要科費(咖啡)?
    
    George: No.
    布什:不!!
    
    Condi: You don’’t want Kofi.
    賴斯:那麼你不要科費(咖啡)。
    
    George: No. But now that you mention it, I could use a glass of milk. And
    then get me the U.N.
    布什:不,但是既然你提到它,我要杯牛奶就可以了,然後給我接聯合國。
    
    Condi: Yes, sir.
    賴斯:是的長官(亞瑟爾)。
    
    George: Not Yassir! The guy at the U.N.
    布什:不是亞瑟爾!是聯合國的頭!
    
    Condi: Kofi?
    賴斯:科費(咖啡)?
    
    George: No, milk! Will you please make the call?
    布什:不,牛奶!你給我接通電話好不?
    
    Condi: Call who?
    賴斯:給誰打?
    
    George: Who is the guy at the U.N.?
    布什:誰(胡)是聯合國的頭?
    
    Condi: Hu is the guy in China.
    賴斯:胡(誰)是中國的頭。
    
    George: Will you stay out of China?!
    布什:你能不能不提中國了?!
    
    Condi: Yes, sir.
    賴斯:是的長官(亞瑟爾)。
    
    George: And stay out of the Middle East! Just get me the guy
    at the U.N!
    布什:也別提中東了!給我接通聯合國的頭就好了!
    
    Condi: Kofi?
    賴斯:科費(咖啡)?
    
    George: All right! Light with sugar. Now get on the phone.
    布什:好啦好啦!那就少加點糖吧!給我接電話。
    
    (Condi picks up the phone.)
    (賴斯拿起電話)。
    Condi: Rice here.
    賴斯:賴斯在這(這有米飯)
    
    George: Rice? Good idea. And a couple of egg rolls, too.
    
    布什:米飯?好主意,再來點春捲吧
arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    攤 發表在 痞客邦 留言(6) 人氣()