據說賴斯英語發音不好,有此為證!

SCENE: The Oval Office. George Bush and Condolezza Rice.
(場景) :橢圓形辦公室,喬治布什和國家安全顧問康多裡扎賴斯。

George: Condi! Nice to see you。 What’’s happening?
布什: 康迪(賴斯)! 很高興見到你,發生什麼事情了?

Condi: Sir, I have the report about the new leader of China.
賴斯:長官,我來向你匯報中國的新領導人。

George: Great . Let’s hear it.
布什: 好極了,我們一起來聽聽!

Condi: Hu is the new leader of China.
賴斯:胡(誰)是中國的新領導人。

George: That’s what I want to know.
布什: 這就是我要知道的。

Condi: That’s what I’m telling you.
賴斯: 這就是我要告訴你的。

George: That’s what I’’m asking you。 Who is the new leader of China?
布什: 這就是我要問你的,誰(胡)是中國的新領導人?

Condi: Yes
賴斯: 是的。

George: I mean the fellow’s name.
布什: 我是說那個人的名字。

Condi: Hu.
賴斯: 胡(誰)。

George: The guy in China.
布什: 那個在中國的人。

Condi: Hu.
賴斯: 胡(誰)

George: The new leader of China.
布什: 中國的新領導人!

Condi: Hu。
賴斯: 胡(誰)

George: The Chinese?
布什: 那個中國人!

Condi: Hu is leading China.
賴斯: 胡(誰)領導中國。

George: Now whaddya’ asking me for?
布什: 啊?現在是你問我了?

Condi: I’m telling you Hu is leading China.
賴斯: 我在告訴你,胡(誰)在領導中國。

George: Well,I’m asking you. Who is leading China?
布什: 我在問你,誰(胡)在領導中國?

Condi: That’’s the man’s name.
賴斯:就是那人的名字。

George: That’s whose name?
布什: 就是誰(胡)的名字?

Condi: Yes.
賴斯:是的。

George: Will you or will you not tell me the name of the new leader of
China?
布什: 你到底願不願意告訴我誰(胡)是中國的領導人?

Condi: Yes sir.
賴斯: 是的,長官(亞瑟爾)。

George: Yassir? You mean Arafat is in China? I thought he was in the Middle
East.
布什:亞瑟爾?你是說阿拉法特在中國?我以為他在中東呢。

Condi: That’s correct.
賴斯:沒錯。

George: Then who is in China?
布什:那麼誰(胡)在中國?

Condi: Yes, sir.
賴斯:是的長官(亞瑟爾)。

George: Yassir is in China?
布什:亞瑟爾在中國??

Condi: No, sir.
賴斯:不,長官。

George: Then who is?
布什:那麼誰(胡)在?

Condi: Yes, sir.
賴斯:是的長官(亞瑟爾)。

George: Yassir?
布什:亞瑟爾?

Condi: No, sir.
賴斯:不,長官。

George: Look, Condi. I need to know the name of the new leader of China.
Get me the Secretary General of the U.N. on the phone. I bet he knows.
布什:聽著,賴斯。我要知道中國新領導人的名字,給我接聯合國秘書長 , 我覺得他會
知道。

Condi: Kofi?
賴斯:科費(咖啡)?

George: No, thanks.
布什:不,謝謝。

Condi: You want Kofi?
賴斯:你要科費(咖啡)?

George: No.
布什:不!!

Condi: You don’’t want Kofi.
賴斯:那麼你不要科費(咖啡)。

George: No. But now that you mention it, I could use a glass of milk. And
then get me the U.N.
布什:不,但是既然你提到它,我要杯牛奶就可以了,然後給我接聯合國。

Condi: Yes, sir.
賴斯:是的長官(亞瑟爾)。

George: Not Yassir! The guy at the U.N.
布什:不是亞瑟爾!是聯合國的頭!

Condi: Kofi?
賴斯:科費(咖啡)?

George: No, milk! Will you please make the call?
布什:不,牛奶!你給我接通電話好不?

Condi: Call who?
賴斯:給誰打?

George: Who is the guy at the U.N.?
布什:誰(胡)是聯合國的頭?

Condi: Hu is the guy in China.
賴斯:胡(誰)是中國的頭。

George: Will you stay out of China?!
布什:你能不能不提中國了?!

Condi: Yes, sir.
賴斯:是的長官(亞瑟爾)。

George: And stay out of the Middle East! Just get me the guy
at the U.N!
布什:也別提中東了!給我接通聯合國的頭就好了!

Condi: Kofi?
賴斯:科費(咖啡)?

George: All right! Light with sugar. Now get on the phone.
布什:好啦好啦!那就少加點糖吧!給我接電話。

(Condi picks up the phone.)
(賴斯拿起電話)。
Condi: Rice here.
賴斯:賴斯在這(這有米飯)

George: Rice? Good idea. And a couple of egg rolls, too.

布什:米飯?好主意,再來點春捲吧